Nowadays, there are more innovative products hitting the golf industry every single day. No longer do you have to travel around with a caddie in order to get vital course information that you can use to better your game. With today’s technology, all you need to do is equip yourself with a quality GPS golf watch or range finder in order to get the information you need along with some of the best golf products. Below, we will be going over some of the benefits and disadvantages of both.
Benefits Of GPS:
- Various Forms – One of the biggest and most significant benefits you are going to be able to get with a golf GPS is the ability to choose from a variety of forms. Because you can find a GPS available in a variety of forms including a phone, watch, or even a hat clip, it is going to be the preferable option for those that might be looking for extreme versatility. The type of convenience and versatility is something that a lot of golfers are looking for in their smart gadgets.
- Information – Another good thing about a GPS is the ability to get all of the information that you might need throughout your play. This is especially true if you are going to be playing on a course for the very first time. A GPS will allow you to identify the hazards to avoid and it will allow show you the hazards that you might not be able to view from the tee.
- Accuracy – Unfortunately, the GPS systems available are not the most accurate. Because they are not able to provide specific yardages to the hole, it can end up lacking in terms of accuracy of the information you might want. However, some people do not necessarily want exacts when playing.
Pros of Rangefinders:
- Accuracy – Where the GPS falls in terms of accuracy, the rangefinder excels. This is the single biggest reason to choose a rangefinder over a golf GPS. You are going to get accurate measurements within a single yard and some promise even more.
Disadvantages of Range Finders:
- Can Be Slow – A rangefinder is going to slow down your pacing and play time considerably because you are not going to be able to take a quick glance at a gadget in order to find the results. Instead, you will need to point the rangefinder towards the flag to find the information you want.
Overall, there are plenty of benefits of both. It ultimately comes down to what you want out of the device you are getting that tells you how far your golf ball lies. Luckily, there are so many great resources that review golf watches, and plenty of sites online for comparing rangefinder’s and gps golf watches, all you need to do is put the time in and do the research.
A few great resources for checking out these types of devices would be:
And last but not least…